|Version 4 (modified by kowey, 5 years ago)|
1. Every time I try to cabal install GenI, it keeps trying to build wxcore (and fails!)
- Solution: 2009-02-14. This is a tricky one. For some reason cabal-install keeps trying to re-install wx
cabal install wx --configure-opt="--user --enable-split-objs --hcprof (tested on 2009-02-12, Ubuntu Intrepid, wxWidgets 2.8, GHC 6.10.1)
1. I get this error when I try to do runhaskell Setup configure:
GHCi runtime linker: fatal error: I found a duplicate definition for symbol waitForProcess whilst processing object file /home/me/.cabal/lib/process-126.96.36.199/ghc-6.10.1/HSprocess-188.8.131.52.o This could be caused by: * Loading two different object files which export the same symbol * Specifying the same object file twice on the GHCi command line * An incorrect `package.conf' entry, causing some object to be loaded twice. GHCi cannot safely continue in this situation. Exiting now. Sorry.
- Workaround: I don't know the proper solution to this yet, but I found that it helps to ghc --make Setup and then call ./Setup instead of runhaskell Setup
How to do cool things
1. How do I use the paraphrase selection mechanism documented in A Symbolic Approach to Near-Deterministic Surface Realisation using Tree Adjoining Grammar?
- At the time of this writing (2009-01-22), there is no documentation on this. Sorry. See ParaphraseSelection? and ask Eric Kow for more details.