|Version 6 (modified by blamario, 6 years ago)|
Streaming Component Combinators
These Wiki pages are dedicated to the Streaming Component Combinators framework, or SCC for short.
The SCC framework is a collection of streaming components and component combinators. The components operate on data streams, usually producing output before all input is known. Multiple components can be grouped together into a compound component using one of the combinators. The resulting framework can be seen as a domain-specific language for stream processing.
- Data streams are homogeneous: each stream is a sequence of values of the same type.
- Components can have multiple inputs and multiple outputs, so they can form branching component networks.
- Every component, primitive or compound, is assigned a type based on its interface.
- Components are synchronized through data flow alone; there is no global time notion.
- The framework is deterministic:
- No stream can be consumed by more than one component.
- Only one stream can feed a component input at a time.