|Version 5 (modified by jmcarthur, 6 years ago)|
These are some proposed goals and guidelines for the project:
- Don't worry about backward compatibility. We should learn from the mistakes of the past, not repeat them!
- Provide a fine-grained algebra?.
- Provide convenient facilities for type composition and generic folds/unfolds.
- Implement a declarative IO? system?
- Unambiguous semantics, when possible. When there is more than one possible instance of a type class for one data type, use newtype wrappers for all of those instances (no instance for the unwrapped version).