|Version 3 (modified by judah, 8 years ago)|
The haskeline library provides a user interface for line input in command-line programs. This library is similar in purpose to readline, but since it is written in Haskell it is (hopefully) more easily used in other Haskell programs.
- Runs on POSIX-compatible systems, using the terminfo library to support non-ANSI terminals.
- Runs on Windows using MinGW (Cygwin support is TODO).
- Supports Unicode cross-platform (UTF8-only on POSIX, for now).
- Provides a rich line editing interface which may be customized in a ~/.haskeline file.
- History recall and incremental search.
- Custom tab completion functions which may run in an arbitrary monad.
The latest release may be downloaded from Hackage at http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/haskeline.
The most recent development source code can be downloaded with: darcs get http://code.haskell.org/haskeline