Stop! Tickets are now managed at GitHub.
Please enter new tickets, and find and edit existing tickets there:
Ticket #10 (assigned task)
Make platform installer checklist
|Reported by:||duncan||Owned by:||danderson|
Description (last modified by dons) (diff)
Make a list of things to check to see if the installer works. As many as possible of these should be automated, eg using scripts + HUnit or something.
- compile hello world
- ghci -package blah
- ghc-pkg check (see for example what could go wrong)
- run full ghc testsuite perhaps
- Check all executables are .. executable
- Build canonical apps: e.g. darcs.
- Build a large subset of Hackage.
- Check that haskell platform minor versions build the same set : http://blog.well-typed.com/2009/03/regression-testing-with-hackage/