|Version 52 (modified by MtnViewMark, 22 months ago)|
The Haskell Platform follows a time-based release process. A new major release with library extensions and new tools appears every 6 months, on the following schedule. Minor releases, with bug fixes, occur between these major dates. Learn about how the version numbers work.
- Released November 5th, 2012
- Target: May 6th, 2013
- Announce start of process, call for proposals for additions and changes: March 4th, 2012
- Call for proposals ends (no more proposals considered): March 25th, 2013
- Proposals decided, Initial version list: April 8th, 2013
- First candidates: April 22th, 2013
- Open issues resolved, Second candidates: April 29th, 2013
- Final release candidates: May 6th, 2013
- Target: November 4th, 2013
- Announce start of process, call for proposals for additions and changes: August 26th, 2012
- Call for proposals ends (no more proposals considered): September 23rd, 2013
- Proposals decided, Initial version list: October 7th, 2013
- First candidates: October 21st, 2013
- Open issues resolved, Second candidates: October 28th, 2013
- Final release candidates: November 4th, 2013
- Released June 3th, 2012
Fourth major release: 2011.4.0.0
- December 17th 2011 (
was: July 2011).
Minor revision : 2011.2.0.1
To incorporate important bug fixes from GHC 7.0.3,
April 2, 2011: Update cabal specification to include GHC 7.0.3 April 2 - 7, 2011: Release candidates prepped and tested April 15, 2011: Release of 2011.2.0.1
Third major release: 2011.2.0.0
November 1, 2010: deadline for proposals to add new packages to release. November 16, deadline for consensus on the mtl proposal: #152ACCEPTED! November 16 November 23, deadline for consensus on the text proposal: #145ACCEPTED! Freeze for 2011.2.0.0: Feb 11DONE.
- Caveats for GHC 7.0.2 and updated cabal-install
Release candidates (2011.1.x.0): February.Mac, Unix, Windows Final release candidates (2011.1.y.0): Late Feb, 2011.
- Release of 2011.2.0.0 (stable): Mar 5, 2011.
Second major release: 2010.2.0.0
Based on bug reports and polishing from the 2010.1.0.0 release (March 2010), we plan for 2010.2.0.0 in early July.
GHC 6.12.2 release with improved Cabal on Windows: April 2010 Release held up due to blocking bugs in 6.12.2. Waiting for 6.12.3 GHC 6.12.3 released: June 12. Freeze for 2010.2.0.0: July 14. Release candidates for 2010.2.0.0. Torrent pre-release: July 21 Release of 2010.2.0.0: July 22.
2010.2.x is the first to include GHC 6.12:
Determine decision model for packages Determine number of packages to add. 0. Upgrade package versions in darcs .cabal file: Mar 7 Freeze for 2010.2.0.0: March 6 Beta release candidate: March 20 http://code.haskell.org/~dons/code/haskell-platform/snapshot/ Release for 2010.1.0.0: March 21, 2010 (during ZuriHac)
First major release, 2009.2.x
2009.2.0, Monday 4th May 2009 (actual release slipped by one day) Freeze for package changes for 2009.2.0.1: Monday 18th May 2009.2.0.1, Monday 1st June (4 weeks after .0) 2009.2.0.2 delayed for 6.10.4 (releasd: Jul 16) Freeze for package changes to 2009.2.0.2: Wednesday July 22 2009.2.0.2, Wednesday July 29 (8 weeks after .1, originally planned for July 13, delayed due to GHC 6.10.4)