|Version 15 (modified by refold, 6 years ago)|
The current Windows installer is based on NSIS. Source code can be found at
Pre-release versions of the Windows installer are uploaded to
As of version 2009.2.0.2:
- The network and time libraries shipped with GHC 6.10.4 were replaced with versions specified in the 'haskell-platform.cabal' file (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 instead of 2.2.1 and 1.1.3, respectively).
- Due to problems with cabal-install the network library was downgraded to version 184.108.40.206 in this release.
- The upgrading issue wasn't given much thought, so you're advised to delete the previous Haskell Platform installation before using this installer. OTOH, our behaviour is no worse than that of the existing GHC installer.
- The installer may work with restricted user accounts, but it has not been tested and is not officially supported. The "just unpack" option should work, however, since it doesn't do anything fancy.
- glut32.dll is not included, though it probably should be.
For the 2009.2.0 release, we had 1500 (exactly) downloads of the windows installer, from May 5 - May 9.
In the future, we will likely make use of Sigbjorn Finne's BAMSE work.
BAMSE is a MSI package creator. It has the ability to specify if you want to provide support for installing your Cabal package after having unpacked it, i.e., it is assumed that you are shipping a pre-built version of the package with the MSI.